Progress on scaling of FreeBSD on 8 CPU systems

Andrew Hammond andrew.george.hammond at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 18:01:15 UTC 2007

On 2/25/07, Ivan Voras <ivoras at fer.hr> wrote:

> >> If there is extra cycles on the same hardware, a performance comparison
> >> graph would be great.
> >
> > See the links in my posting ;)
>
> I think he means graphs between 6-stable and 7-current - it would be
> very nice to see those on the same machine, mysql configuration, etc.
> (at the very least to clearly show why people should upgrade :) ).

Performance is a pretty weak reason to upgrade, unless of course you
have a performance problem. The one thing that will really push me to
upgrade is bug fixes to stuff that I use where the risk of exposure to
the bug outweighs the risk and cost of upgrade.

Andrew

P.S. I know this is kinda trollish, but I don't understand the
interest in MySQL as a load, particularly when there are more
interesting loads such as PostgreSQL out there. Would you guys mind
graphing the relative performance of PostgreSQL on 6.2-RELEASE and
your patched version please?