Virtual performance

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sat Feb 17 17:31:02 UTC 2007

Petri Helenius wrote:
> Ivan Voras wrote:
>

>> I don't know whose fault this is, VMWares or FreeBSD's, but
>> virtualization is popular, and since FreeBSD is very much lagging behind
>> for server-side virtualization (Xen, VMWare, etc. - jails and vimage
>>

> What is the status of Xen port to FreeBSD ? (haven't heard about it
> lately and google was not helpful either)

It seems Xen on FreeBSD is dead or forgotten.
1 year ago Kip Macy anounces Xen support in 6.1, but it is still not there.
Yuan Jue was working on Xen as Google Summer Of Code 2006 with this summary:
"Successfully got a domU kernel usable for installation. dom0 support
still in progress. Kip and Yuan Jue are continuing to work together on
this project after the official end of SoC."
http://www.yuanjue.net/xen/howto.html

But half a year later, Xen is still not availabel on FreeBSD :(