6.x, 4.x ipfw/dummynet pf/altq - network performance issues

Justin Robertson justin at sk1llz.net
Tue Feb 13 10:21:01 UTC 2007

  Clockrate is based off of my device_polling setup, which is configured
to 4000. burst_max has a hard limit, can't go higher than it already is
at 1000

  Could I get an explanation as to what the queue and isr sysctl values
are actually doing? I'll be able to run some more basic tests tomorrow
to see some results, but want to wrap my head around what's actually
logically meant to be happening based on adjustments, etc. [I suspect
this'll do nothing for the UDP issue, but at least I might be able to
pipe some TCP traffic]