PHP Performance problem after upgrade to 5.1.6 or 5.2.0

garcol at postino.it garcol at postino.it
Mon Feb 5 11:39:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

> * Miroslav Lachman (000.fbsd at quip.cz) wrote:
>

>>I have performance problem with PHP after upgrading from PHP 5.1.4 to
>>newer version regardles if newer version is 5.1.6 or 5.2.0. I tested
>>both with same result.
>

> Every time I upgrade PHP and see a performace regregression like this,
> it's been a result of forgetting to update eAccelerator, or whatever
> flavour of the year PHP bytecode cache is at the time.
>
> If you're sure your cache is loading (i.e. it shows up in phpinfo()
> and isn't logging errors on startup), you might find it useful to grab
> backtraces from busy processes (the source tarball includes a .gdbinit
> that allows you to grab PHP backtraces too, provided you're compiling
> with debug symbols enabled) to see where they might be spending their
> time.

I am not using any PHP bytecode cache. About one year ago I tried
eAccelerator which causes Apache freeze. Now I installed ZendOptimizer
and load increased!! by 50% :o(

--
Miroslav Lachman

The upgrade from 5.1x to 5.2x make same change into memory utilizzation (ex.
Zend memory manager) and apache2 SAPI. (try to check the apache memory
utilizzation)
You can check the php-5.2.0 changelog to find out some important change for
yours applications (no fixed bug) or retry with new version of php.

Alessandro