Performance 4.x vs. 6.x

Danial Thom danial_thom at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 22:59:25 UTC 2006

I'm not quote sure what you're trying to say,
becuase clearly your not using a SATA controller,
so you can't say the drives work in freebsd 4.x.
And I only used Areca because its what I had
lying around. I didn't try to make any specific
analysis, or say that SATA was faster than scsi,
only that the new drives are very fast. You can't
compare scsi and sata directly really, becuase
they don't use the same drivers or the same
cards.

there's a lot more people running squid on
freebsd then running usenet servers, so its not
likely that your "analysis" means much to anyone
other than yourself.

DT