High load average mail server 5.3-RELEASE

Francisco Reyes lists at natserv.com
Wed Sep 28 13:27:59 PDT 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Eric Anderson wrote:

> Keep in mind that 5-STABLE, and 6.x (and -CURRENT) have a max of 256 nfsd's,
> so if you want to go higher, you have to modify a line in nfsd.c.

So far only a handfull of clients are expected. I am going to start at 10.
:-)

Other than "killall -9 nfsd" is there any other way to restart nfsd?

On another thread you mentioned the rsize and wsize and that they should
go in the fstab at the client. I got the parameters to work based on a doc
on the web, but was wondering about size. 32K a good parameter for an
IMAP machine?

The setup will be a mail storage server with 3 to 5 machines running
Courier IMAP and connecting to a shared mail folder over NFS.

Thanks for all your feedback.