64bit CPUs

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Mon May 2 07:22:08 PDT 2005

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Tancsa <mike at sentex.net> writes:

Mike> Thanks!  I was worried I was missing something obvious in all
Mike> the 64bit excitement.  For my apps where I cant balance across
Mike> multiple machines or where space is an issue, dual core CPUs I
Mike> think might be more interesting to look at in a few months.

Hi Mike!

Anyways, we've been finding that raw packet passing is significantly
better on some of the newer tyan opteron boards.  But then that may
have as much to do with them shipping with multiple independant PCI-X
slots than the opterons themselves.  Memory bandwidth probably doesn't
hurt, either.

Dave.