FreeBSD MySQL still WAY slower than Linux

Nick Evans nevans at talkpoint.com
Thu Jun 30 14:58:50 GMT 2005

Update:

Switched threading libraries from libpthread to libthr and now I'm getting
27,500 selects/sec at 45% idle. This is with version 4.1.12 of mysql using
myISAM tables compiled with the following options

WITHOUT_INNODB
BUILD_OPTIMIZED

relevant parts of my.cnf:

# The MySQL server
[mysqld]
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
skip-locking
key_buffer = 384M
max_allowed_packet = 1M
table_cache = 512
sort_buffer_size = 16M
read_buffer_size = 16M
read_rnd_buffer_size = 16M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 96M
thread_cache = 8
query_cache_size = 64M
# Try number of CPU's*2 for thread_concurrency
thread_concurrency = 8

# max conns
max_connections=8000