Tool for testing Concurrent TCP Streams

Vlad GALU vladgalu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 03:14:16 PST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:59:57 +0100, Eddie Oleary (BH/LMI)
<eddie.oleary at ericsson.com> wrote:
> A Chairde,
>
>               Can anybody point me to a tool that will allow me to generate 15,000 + concurrent TCP streams as I want to test a system , and see how many concurrent streams
> the client can handle before stopping.

   It will usually handle no more than min(max server descriptors, max
client descriptors). In terms of performance, I don't know if 'to
handle' is a correctly chosen word. It depends heavily on whatever I/O
notification mechanism it uses, on both sides. The client/server
connection won't 'stop' at all, it's just that you won't be able to
open another paralel connection towards the server at some point.

>                                                          Slan / Ed

If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's there, and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there, and you can't see it, you erased it.