Some initial postmark numbers from a dual-PIII+ATA, 4.x and 6.x

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Sun Feb 6 05:27:06 PST 2005

Hi Robert,

> This would seem to place it closer to 4.x than 5.x -- possibly a property
> of a lack of preemption.  Again, the differences here are so small it's a
> bit difficult to reason using them.

Thanks for the result.  I'm quite dubitative now : I thought this was
a fact that RELENG_5 have worse performances than RELENG_4 for the
moment, partly due to lack of micro-optimizations.  There have been
indeed numerous reports about weak performances on 5.x.  Seeing your
results, it appears that RELENG_4, RELENG_5 and CURRENT are in fact
very close.  What should we think then ?

--
Jeremie Le Hen
jeremie at le-hen.org