Apache 2 on FreeBSD 5.3

Vladimir Vrzic random at beotel.yu
Fri Feb 4 01:56:33 PST 2005

On a FreeBSD 5.3 web server with a very high load, I recently switched
from Apache 1.3 and PHP 4.3 to using 2.0 with the prefork MPM and PHP 5.
I noticed a drop in perfomance. What is currently the best (in terms of
performance) choice for Apache w/ PHP on FreeBSD? Which MPM should I
use? Does worker MPM use KSE on FreeBSD 5 and does it perform better
than prefork? What about perchild and threadpool? Or maybe I should go
back to Apache 1.3? Are there any sysctl or kernel tunings that I should
use?

--
Vladimir Vrzic <random at beotel.yu>