MySQL Deadlocks (Was: Re: Benchmark MySQL Performance On FreeBSD And Linux)

Eric Hodel drbrain at segment7.net
Thu Dec 15 22:19:04 PST 2005

On Dec 15, 2005, at 8:07 PM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> On Friday, 16 December 2005 at 11:20:12 +0800, huang leo wrote:
>>
>> We had evaluated MySQL performance on FreeBSD and Linux. The
>> result is
>> attached.
>
> Thank you!
>
> This is some of the most plausible information I've seen in a while.
> I'm forwarding it to a MySQL internal list, and I expect we'll discuss
> it in much detail.
>
> A few comments:
>
> - I'd be very interested in the deadlocks you've been experiencing.
>   If you have any additional information, please let me know.

Some time back I experienced deadlocks with FreeBSD 5.4 and either
libthr or libpthread.  linuxthreads had no issue.  Other machines
with different hardware did not have the problem.

It looks like I'll be able to perform some testing on that machine
sometime early in the new year.  What is the correct forum for
discussing this when I get the opportunity to look into it again?

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain at segment7.net - http://segment7.net

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com