decreasing interrupt CPU load

Oleg Gawriloff barzog at telecom.by
Wed Oct 20 07:06:05 PDT 2004

Hello, Eric!
You wrote to "Oleg Gawriloff" <barzog at telecom.by> on Wed, 20 Oct 2004
08:08:32 -0500:

 EA> I've had really great performance with the em NICs, and bad experiences
 EA> with bge's (the hardware is flaky).
OK, we'll try. Is there any problems with any of supported chipsets in
em-driver with polling? There many negative answer about polling support in
fxp on 82550, and good answers about 82558 and 82559 with fxp-driver.
 EA> Also - it's possible that your bus is the bottleneck - depending on how
 EA> many NICs you have, the type of bus, and the motherboard.
Intel SCB2, integrated NIC on PCI 33Mhz bus. We use only one NIC, with five
802.1q vlan sub-interfaces configured. Is there any ideas how can I diagnose
bottlenecks on bus?

With best regards, Oleg Gawriloff.