FreeBSD, PostgreSQL, semwait and sbwait!

Claus Guttesen cguttesen at yahoo.dk
Tue Mar 23 12:49:35 PST 2004

> We're having a substantial problem with our FreeBSD
> 5.2 database server
> running PostgreSQL - it's getting a lot of traffic
> (figure about 3,000
> queries per second), but queries are slow, and it's
> seemingly waiting on
> other things than CPU time.
> It seems that queries are executing fine once they
> start, but it's taking a
> while for them to get going, while the postgres

It may not apply, but is DNS configured correct? Try
connect with ssh and see if it takes a few sec's
before you connect.

Your postgres-info seems fine.

As a sidenote you may want to copy GENERIC to a new
file and compile that one instead. During your next
cvsup GENERIC will be recovered to it's original state
and your changes will be lost.

regards
Claus

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan