more on fsck with securelevel

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Fri Jun 4 15:05:56 PDT 2004

I did set this in /etc/rc.conf:
fsck_y_enable="YES"

But I was wondering if this might be a good idea too:
(looking at the defaults)

fsck_y_enable="NO"      # Set to YES to do fsck -y if the initial preen fails.
background_fsck="YES"   # Attempt to run fsck in the background where possible.
background_fsck_delay="60" # Time to wait (seconds) before starting the fsck.

..might it not be prudent to set 'background_fsck="NO"' when running in
secure mode?

Eventhough I shut down carefully, sometimes it still feels the need to run
fsck (even with soft updates)...but when running securelevel, is it
actually going to accomplish anything?

  -jeff