RAID-3?

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 20 13:45:02 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 10:53:18PM +0300, Petri Helenius wrote:
+> Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+>
+> >The software you can find under /usr/src/tools/tools/raidtest/ in HEAD
+> >branch.
+> >Test has been done for 10000 random requests (offset, size and operation
+> >type was random).
+> >
+> >
+> Would it make sense to have known initialization vector for the random
+> function so a specific test pattern could be reproduced at will? This
+> would also reduce the need for multiple repeats for a test to get good
+> repeatable results.

Raidtest tool works like this, i.e. first you have to generate file with
random data and then use this file for every test.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd at FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl