optimization of the system by recompilation

Patrick Proniewski patpro at patpro.net
Wed Apr 14 02:21:44 PDT 2004

On 13 avr. 2004, at 21:01, freebsd-performance-request at freebsd.org
wrote:

> So, as You can see, there is not a simple answer to Your question in
> the common case.
> If You interested in high performance in some specific task - You must
> test the task
> on different hardware platforms with different optimizations (or
> without ones ;-)

Ok, thank you very much for the comprehensive reply !
OpenSSL results in particular are very interesting. I've noticed that
the
idea cbc bench will just not run on a non-Athlon optimized binary (on
the
Athlon of course). Do you have any explanations ?

regards,

patpro
--
je cherche un poste d'admin-sys Mac/UNIX
(ou une jeune et jolie femme riche)