freebsd/dragonfly/linux/netbsd benchmarks

Jon Noack noackjr at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Apr 6 13:59:48 PDT 2004

On 4/6/2004 2:49 PM, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:47:11 -0500 Jon Noack <noackjr at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:
>> Saw this on the DragonFly kernel list:
>> http://geri.cc.fer.hr/~ivoras/osbench_h.html
>>
>> Just wanted to see what everyone thought...
>
> Forbidden You don't have permission to access /~ivoras/osbench_h.html
> on this server.
>
> Apache/1.3.27 Server at geri.cc.fer.hr Port 80

Apparently the author had second thoughts...

 From memory:
It was FreeBSD 4.9, FreeBSD 5.2, DragonFly (3/17/2004), Linux 2.4.25,
Linux 2.6.5, and NetBSD 1.6.2.  About all I remember were that things
were fairly even except Linux filesystem performance was better (I think
both XFS and ext3 were benchmarked).  Not earth-shattering stuff, but
there were a few interesting points (that now escape me).

In any case, sorry for the noise.
Jon