Performance of Folding@Home and Distributed Folding cleints

Martin Nilsson martin at mullet.se
Sun Nov 30 02:15:37 PST 2003

User Ernie wrote:
> have noticed is that under Linux the client says it's using the SSE
> instructions, where under FreeBSD and the linux_base-8 libraries it does not
> say that. The cleint runs multi threaded under Linux or FreeBSD.

Have you added

options         CPU_ENABLE_SSE

to yor kenel config, and built a new kernel?

When I used folding at home on my P3, enabling SSE instructions made a huge
difference.

/Martin

--
Martin Nilsson, CTO & Founder, Mullet Scandinavia AB, Malmö, SWEDEN
E-mail: martin at mullet.se, Phone: +46-(0)708-606170, Web: www.mullet.se

Our business is well enigineered servers optimised for FreeBSD & Linux