Tuning Gigabit

David Gilbert dgilbert at velocet.ca
Mon Jun 30 13:57:01 PDT 2003

Eric> Martin Nilsson wrote:
>>  I would be interested in helping to test this, I have a bunch of
>> lab boxes with 64/66PCI or PCI-X slots and NICs to work with. I'm
>> able to get access to most new motherboards and chipsets to test
>> chipset specific performance. What I need is someone to help me
>> develop useful things to test, validate results and to check
>> testing methodology.

Eric> I'm interested in helping with this too.. I have access to
Eric> hundreds of boards, test equipment, processors, nics, you name
Eric> it.  I just need to be led in the right direction with this.

Eric> Anyone want to lead some minions in finding out some of this
Eric> info?

We have a fairly well developed testing methodogy here ... with a
couple of people I can lend to the task.  To be useful, they'll need
both root and console access to boxes (serial cross connects are fine)
... along with somone who can play with BIOS settings on request.
We'd be very willing to donate the hands and eyes to do much of the
volume testing.

... our only problem is buying enough new hardware.

Dave.