Slow disk write speeds over network

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Mon Jun 9 13:42:07 PDT 2003

Paulo Roberto wrote:

>>having

> Just an idea (I might be saying something pretty stupid...): Have you
> tried increasing the network buffer size??

Here's what netstat -m currently shows:
642/2560/26432 mbufs in use (current/peak/max):
	642 mbufs allocated to data
640/2352/6608 mbuf clusters in use (current/peak/max)
5344 Kbytes allocated to network (26% of mb_map in use)
0 requests for memory denied
0 requests for memory delayed
0 calls to protocol drain routines

Now, I usually jack this way up, but I didn't happen to on this machine,
however it doesn't look like I'm needing it - unless I'm missing something..

Eric