Major problem with "No buffer space available" errors

Jin Guojun [NCS] j_guojun at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 16 09:39:20 PDT 2003

Ok, this may have confirmed that it is a drive or motherboard (Intel specific) bug.

We had same problem about a month ago on Intel D875PBZP motherboard
with 5.1-RELEASE. It has a onboard Intel 10/100/1000 PRO (em) NIC.
We left the machine idle for a month, since the machine is useless and
we have plentiful other things to do.
This week, we decide to use this machine for high-speed network test.
Somehow, the machine just works without any change. I asked around
and no one here says that they changed any thing.

What I can suggest to you is to test a different NIC to see if the problem
persists. If it is, then there is a kernel problem, otherwise, it is Intel problem.

    -Jin