Major problem with "No buffer space available" errors

Lukas Ertl l.ertl at univie.ac.at
Wed Jul 16 07:51:56 PDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, James West wrote:

> Hmm, kinda made that all confusing sounding, what i mean is i'm having
> the problem with MAXUSERS set to 0 and also when its set to 512.

You didn't tell us how much memory that box has. MAXUSERS 512 is certainly
a huge number.

FWIW, I'd suggest you'd go back to MAXUSERS 0 (the auto-tuning of FreeBSD
is quiet ok) and have a look at the mbuf clusters. You can increase them
at boot time if you see you haven't enough.

regards,
le

Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl at univie.ac.at
UNIX-Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)       Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
der Universität Wien                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/