Network performance tuning article

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Mon Jul 14 12:31:44 PDT 2003

Hendrik Scholz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've started a document about performance tuning some time ago and as of
> now it is in a state where others could benefit from it/contribute to
> it. I've put all documents on
> http://home.raisdorf.net/public/networkperf/
> http://home.raisdorf.net/public/networkperf/article.html contains the
> complete article rendered as (ah, you already guessed that :)) HTML.
> Since this is my first FreeBSD article there might be some formatting
> errors beside the comments in the source where more work has to be done.
>
> Feel free to use it/contribute to it/send patches or flames, ...

I had been working on some of this myself, however in a broader sense -
covering not just network performance, but any kind of FreeBSD
performance tuning.  Were you planning on hitting those other areas as
well?  This could make a big difference on where it should go, or if it
should be in a "higher level" section more to itself.

Also, I would say that there should be a little more info on "why"
things are the way they are - several topics seem to state something,
with no reasoning, which in this subject area is very important (I believe).

Eric