[FreeBSD-Ops-Announce] www.FreeBSD.org now mostly served off new webserver

Simon L. B. Nielsen simon at qxnitro.org
Wed Feb 6 09:28:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

The backend part of www.FreeBSD.org is now served off our new web
server, with the exception of CGI's which still go to the old server
(red).

The CGI's will be moved on a script by script basis as time permits.

While this move should be invisible to end users, as this is in many
ways a new from scratch setup, please let me or clusteradm+webmaster
know if you see an issues.

The cvsup feed for web mirrors stil comes off the old server, so it's
possible that there will be slight differences in what mirrors see and
serve, and www.FreeBSD.org. This will be fixed in the coming weeks. On
a related note I'm also planning on making the built website available
via rsync, but I have yet to work out the details.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen