LibreOffice port

Maho NAKATA chat95 at mac.com
Thu Oct 21 23:30:23 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I would like to clarify my points after the Document Foundation is set up:
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=announce&msgNo=429
.
I will provide OOo ports as usual. I won't change my stand point.
I'll quite when I lost motivation ;-)

1. However, I don't think I'll provide LibreOffice port. It is too tough
to maintain too many ports. Still, I spend a lot of time for OOo ports on weekends.
Usually, my two Core 2 quad machines are occupied on Saturday or Sunday.
To update one of openoffice.org port, it take about 10 hours without porting issue
and 1 day if there is any porting issue.
I always build a new milestone on i386 and amd64 and provide en and ja packages.
cf.
 http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/FreeBSD/packages-8-amd64/
 http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/FreeBSD/packages-8-i386/

2. I'm very happy to answer to your questions if you want to make a LO port.
I would like to suggest using repocopy to openoffice.org-3 to libreoffice.

And do not use ooo-build which I removed
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/editors/ooo-build/
even though looks very similar to libreoffice. This was secondary port
to openoffice.org-2, (and you may want to use openoffice.org-3) but I'll modify
openoffice.org-3 when a new ooo is released. It will affect your LO port as well.

3. I would ask to members to use this ML to discuss LO ports. Currently
they are very similar to each other, and until these two ports becomes too far apart.

Thanks,
-- Nakata Maho http://accc.riken.jp/maho/ , JA OOO http://ja.openoffice.org/
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/nakatamaho/ ,GPG: http://accc.riken.jp/maho/maho.pgp.txt