FreeBSD Port: editors/openoffice.org-3- problem with extensions

Petyo Milotinov petyo at petyo.org
Wed Mar 11 00:35:34 PDT 2009

    Hello!
    I'm running FreeBSD 7.1:

uname -a
FreeBSD petyo.org 7.1-STABLE FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE #0: Fri Jan 16 14:56:04
EET 2009     root at petyo.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  i386

    My ports are up to date.
    Yesterday I removed openoffice.org-2 and built openoffice.org-3 from ports (default options). It works great! But I have a (not so little)
problem- when I try to install an extension I get an error message which says "bad tranfer url". I searched for that error on the net and found
out that this is a known bug. I tried this from command line (bash shell) but it failed too:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/openoffice.org-3.0.1/openoffice.org/basis3.0/program:/usr/local/openoffice.org-3.0.1/openoffice.org/ure/lib /usr/local/openoffice.org-3.0.1/openoffice.org3/program/unopkg add ./dictionaries-bg.oxt

ERROR: Error while adding:
file:///usr/home/petyo/openoffice/dictionaries-bg.oxt
       Cause: bad tranfer url

    I need to install dictionaries extensions- bulgarian and english ("dictionaries-bg.oxt" and "en_US.oxt" downloaded from openoffice.org website). I tried the workaround (suggested on a site) to use DictOOo-Wizard, intended for OpenOffice.org-2, but it didn't work on openoffice.org-3.0.1.
    Is there a workaround how to use dictionaries with OOo-3 or a patch to test? Do I have to install the "devel" version of OOo-3?
    Thanks in advance and thanks for the great product! Keep up the excellent work!

    Best regards,
    Petyo Milotinov