Problem with OOo when running as an LDAP/NFS user (not root)

Thomas Lecomte deather.dede at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 05:28:13 PST 2009

Hello,

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 08:11:35PM +1100, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2009-Feb-19 21:25:55 +0100, Thomas Lecomte <th.lecomte at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Then, I can't use keys like backspace, delete, the arrows, etc.
>
> I can't explain this.

Actually this is related. When starting OpenOffice with a home directory
located on an NFS server which doesn't support file locking, the
~/.openoffice.org/3 directory isn't created correctly, leading to
non-working keys.

> OOo expects locking to work and fails if it doesn't.  You need to make
> sure you have statd/lockd running.

The NFS server was running OpenBSD 4.3, which didn't provided rpc.statd.
It has been fixed in OpenBSD 4.4, and now everything works perfectly for
me.

Thanks!

--
Thomas Lecomte