failed build for ooo-3.1

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Tue Jun 2 20:05:16 UTC 2009

Robert Huff wrote:
> Stephen Montgomery-Smith writes:
>
>>  My guess is that you are using CURRENT that was built sometime during
>>  mid-May, which left a bug, either in tar or gzip.
>
> 	From uname:
>
> Tue Apr 21 11:03:07 EDT 2009

Something missing here?

>>  Try adjusting the makefile so as to trick the makefile into
>>  skipping this step (because although you had an error the step
>>  was actually performed).
>
> 	<looks at top-level Makefile, turns white>
> 	Could you _please_ be a little more specific?  :-)

 From the error message, I would guess the problem is somewhere in the
Makefile you find in work/OOO310_m11/packimages/pack

Look for a line in that Makefile that looks something like

cd ../unxfbsdi.pro/misc && gzip -d -c
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO310_m11/external_images/ooo_crystal_images-1.tar.gz
| ( tar -xf - ) && touch crystal.flag

Replace it with something like

(cd ../unxfbsdi.pro/misc && gzip -d -c
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO310_m11/external_images/ooo_crystal_images-1.tar.gz
| ( tar -xf - ) && touch crystal.flag) || true

I think that this Makefile only exists after an aborted build attempt.

Anyway, this worked for me.  I really didn't know any more than I think
you know - it was a case rather of "just try it and see."

If you have already done a make clean, then I think after the make
extract, you will only find a file called makefile.mk in that directory.
  But a line that looks something like

cd $(MISC) && gzip -d -c $(CRYSTAL_TARBALL) | ( tar -xf - ) && $(TOUCH)
$(@:f)

could be modified in an analogous way, and I suspect that would work
just fine as well.