OpenOffice.org 2.3.0 on FreeBSD-current

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 24 18:26:18 PDT 2007

ports/editors/openoffice.org-2/Makefile says this port is broken due to
a JDK internal error if ${OSVERSION} >= 700000, but I was able to
successfully build the port on a September 22nd copy of 7.0-CURRENT on
an i386 machine with jdk-1.5.0.12p6_2,1.  I have not found any problems
during the limited amount of runtime testing that I have done.

Since there is a report of a build error on FreeBSD 6.2 with JDK 1.6 in
PR ports/116607, I wonder if the problem on -CURRENT is actually generic
to the combination of OO and JDK 1.6.

Maybe the Makefile should say:

.if (${OSVERSION} >= 700000)
JAVA_VERSION=   1.5