Does OOo build clobber files in /usr/lib?

Charles P. Schaum verbo.solo at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 25 02:33:43 PDT 2006

Great, thanks for dealing with all of this.

Actually, my OOo build of RC2 worked fine. I was just trying to figure
out what might have deleted my /usr/libc_r* files. I don't know what
did, but asc and frozen-bubble broke when the files went away.

I will just back up /usr/libc_r* for ports that link to them. No
problem. I know where the issue is and can easily fix it.

In any case, rebuilding world also fixed things. The only other mods I
did outside of kernconf was the rtld_dlsym patch to run flash. Response
times perked up with most recent buildworld. OO works good and fast on
6.2 PRE, even with several big apps open and some swapping.

I like RC2. In fact, OO actually runs faster than TeXmaker in terms of
updating paragraph breaks. Now that was unexpected.

Thanks for the work.
CPS