Does OOo build clobber files in /usr/lib?

Charles P. Schaum verbo.solo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 24 20:52:13 PDT 2006

Hi,

After doing the build of OOo, about a day later I tried to run
frozen-bubble and got the message that it could not
find /usr/lib/libc_r.so.

I checked and that symlink, in addition to libc_r.a, was AWOL. No big
hairy; I just rebuild world since I wanted to have a go at 6.2
PRERELEASE anyway. That brought everything back.

I know that I had no dealings with those files; everything was in order
after I built 2.0.4-RC1. So I figured I'd ask to track it down. If
something is clobbering files, you might want to know. I did do an
intermittent portupgrade but unless GCC 4.1, linux_flash and
linux_pluginwrapper are the culprits, OOo was next in line.

Is it me or is RC2 giving better response times?

Charles