I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale "en_US"

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Wed Sep 20 01:18:25 PDT 2006

Hi,

[ not subscribed, please cc: your reply to me -- thanks ]

I've built and installed OpenOffice 2.0.4rc2 from the port, on FreeBSD
5.4 release.  The build and install completed successfully as far as I
can tell -- there were no obvious errors during either process.

However, when I go to run "openoffice.org" it prints:

   I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale "en_US"

and returns to the prompt.

I don't have any odd I18N environment settings (nothing matching *LOC*,
*LANG*, or *LC* in the environment), and I didn't pass any specific
options when building the port, I just ran "make install".

Google hasn't helped, and I've checked the last couple of months of this
lists archives to see if anyone else has mentioned it.  I can't see
anything, and the OO FAQ doesn't cover this anywhere.

Can anyone assist?