OpenOffice 2.0 and KDE

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Sun May 7 10:45:50 UTC 2006

On 5/6/06, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Now that the 1.1.x port is broken on 6.1 and later (thus leaving
> 2.0 as the only buildable OOo for 6.1) it would be really nice to
> get the KDE integration working again.  It seems that editing the
> .desktop files and putting them someplace that KDE can see them
> (I made a /usr/local/share/applnk/OpenOffice 2.0.2/ directory)
> gets OOo to show up in the K menu and the file associations to
> work, but it would be nice to have some icons.  Unfortunately,
> I either have insufficient google skills or no one has working
> icons for OOo 2.0 with KDE as I couldn't find any useful info
> on getting the icons to work.  Any ideas?
>
> It would be really nice to at least have a FAQ question for getting
> OOo 2.x and KDE to play nice even if it just listed the steps one
> needs to do by hand.

If your running KDE on FreeBSD theirs little need for OpenOffice
because KOffice 1.5 now has ODF* support plus it's a shitload easier
to build and install on FreeBSD, no Java, Bison, or, *xml crap to deal
with etc. It's in the ports tree under /usr/ports/editors/koffice-kde3

*OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications

Hooray for interoperability!

--
BSD Podcasts @:
http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/