ooo can't find default printer even though any other app can

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Sun Mar 12 17:52:08 UTC 2006

> But it doesn't. I'm stumped. What is the magic incantation to make
> ooo print when using CUPS?

It's not a CUPS problem. The same happens with lpr as well. This is a
bug that has been mentioned on the list before - the newest revision of
the port fails to install the printer drivers required by OOo. Until
that is fixed, you'll need to:

* manually install the from the work directory after compiling the port
or
* downgrade to a working revision of the port (2.0.1 worked fine for me)
or
* export to PDF instead of printing (which is a lame work-around, but I
use it all the time ;)

- Bartosz