openoffice2 and java

NAKATA Maho chat95 at mac.com
Mon Jun 12 01:13:29 UTC 2006

In Message-ID: <003e01c68d98$e2209790$0200a8c0 at satellite>
Dave <dmehler26 at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>     I'm trying to install openoffice2 on FreeBSD6. I'd like to hook it in
> with the java jdk, but am uncertain as to whether i have the right one, the
> sun, the ibm, freebsd, or linux. I've installed the diablo-jdk, but am not
> sure if this is the right one. If not can you let me know which one to use?
> And have you had any reports of successful usage with openoffice2 and Sun's
> Java AccessBridge?

only following Java in ports are supported.
/usr/ports/java/jdk14
/usr/ports/java/jdk15
/usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk15
/usr/ports/java/diablo-jre15
/usr/ports/lang/gcc41-withgcjawt (wip)
Other JREs from GNU/Linux doesn't work at all since we link against
libawt.so (or something like that) to invoke Java vm.

-- NAKATA, Maho (maho at FreeBSD.org)