2.0 fails to compile on amd64

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Sat Aug 19 20:53:15 UTC 2006

Sean McNeil wrote:
> I get the following error:
>
> In file included from conditn.c:37:
> system.h:542: error: conflicting types for 'gethostbyname_r'
> /usr/include/netdb.h:228: error: previous declaration of
> 'gethostbyname_r' was here
> dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../unxfbsdx.pro/obj/conditn.obj'
> '---* tg_merge.mk *---'
>
> ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while
> making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0/work/OOD680_m1/sal/osl/unx
> dmake:  Error code 1, while making 'build_instsetoo_native'
> *** Error code 255

The problem you have (which by the way will only occur with a very
recent version of FreeBSD 6.1) was fixed in Openoffice 2.0.3, but when
2.0.4.m1 was ported (probably yesterday or today) the porter forgot to
carry across the fix.  My plan is to wait until the porter realizes this
and fixes it.  The problem is unrelated to amd64.