Portupgrade from OpenOffice2.0.RC3 to OpenOffice2.0

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Sun Oct 30 06:46:15 PST 2005

I had compiled OpenOffice2.0.RC3 with:
LOCALIZED_LANG=es -DWITHOUT_MOZILLA
I worked perfectly, until I portupgraded to OpenOffice2.0.  Basically,
I have two issues that I don't understand:
  Important for me:
    * Issues with Tools -> options -> Language Settings -> Writing Aids
      <>. I can change de language for spellcheck and save it but when
          I go back it is in english again and can only change languages
          by removing all but the language that I want to use out of the
          ooo folder.  It then works fine.  Not very practical in a multi-
          lingual environment ;)  I'm using exactly the same configuration
          that worked for me with RC3.  I unfortunately no longer have
          an RC3 nor the LOCALIZED_LANG because it was replaced bye the
          release.

          Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

  Less important for me but could be an issue for others:

    * The portupgrade didn't respect the previous LOCALIZED_LANG=es
      so I now have an english version of Ooo rather than spanish.
      If it means a recompile, it will stay in english ;)

Even with these minor thing it is, IMO, a big improvement over ooo1.1.5
where I had issues with accents, etc.

The port complies perfectly.  That is fantastic and very important
especially for the time it takes to compile.  No one likes to be hours
into a compile and have it bomb.

Any suggestions on the Language configuration, multilingual spell check
actually, will be appreciated.

Thanks,

ed