openoffice.org-2.0.RC1 not making menu entries in KDE

Nicolas Blais nb_root at videotron.ca
Wed Oct 5 12:04:10 PDT 2005

Hi,

Since oo-1.1.5 doesn't compile on my system anymore,  I've removed my previous
~/.openoffice.org folder and decided to try oo-2. Everything builds fine and
is installed correctly.

My only problem is that when setting up oo2 (by using the
'openoffice.org-2.0.RC1' command), it does not create the OpenOffice menu and
assign file extensions to it in KDE. OO1.1-5b2 and previous did.

I'm assuming that it might have something to do with the fact that it is
unreleased yet and the developpers probably don't want to conflict with
previous versions, but then I'm only guessing.

Is there a fix (without making each entry manually)?

Nicolas.
--
FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Oct  1 11:51:38 EDT 2005
root at clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A