Small note about build size

Wiktor NIESIOBEDZKI bsd at w.evip.pl
Tue May 17 12:03:44 PDT 2005

Hi,

I finnaly finished building openoffice-devel port on FreeBSD 6.0. To my
surpise, it took about 8.5GB to build, altough I've did simple:
# cd /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-2.0-devel && make install clean

Is it the problem that OOo-2 requires so much buildspace, or only WITHD_DEBUG
passed in somewhere? It looks like, all the installed files are stripped (but
it might be the install, who stripted them?)

Anyhow, It would be much better, if correct warning would be issued, when
building OOo.

Cheers,

Wiktor Niesiobędzki