OOo 1.9m98 text problems

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed May 11 19:01:08 PDT 2005

Hi,
I tried to build the beta, but after it built it crashed on startup so I
decided to try the package which I only noticed just recently :)

I downloaded & installed this -> OOo_1.9m98_FreeBSD54Intel_install_en-GB.tbz

And when it starts I get..
[inchoate 11:24] ~ >/usr/local/bin/openoffice.org-1.9m98
I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale "en_US"

And I end up at a setup wizard in which I can read only the numbers on the
left and the licence agreement.. If I click through it I get to a window
which works OK (ie I can type text and the like).

Viewing the options appears to crash it - the main window disappears and one
with invisible text appears.

Customize doesn't crash it but the text is invisible.

Opening a sxw from OOo 1.1.4 crashes it too.

I am running on -current if it matters.

This seems vaguely remeniscent of when Pango/ATK is out of date and all your
GNOME apps get invisible text..

Would it be possible to get packages built with KDE too? When I built it it
seemed that WITH_KDE enabled KDE but GTK still got built.

Thanks for doing the work on this by the way, my experience building it has
shown how fearsomly complicated it all is :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum