Version number confusion

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Sat Jul 23 01:24:59 GMT 2005

> I'm confused now - has something weird happened to the build numbers?

There is an internal build every week. The current one is m120. As the FreeBSD OpenOffice.org team is very good at keeping up with new internal builds, m120 became available in ports just two days after it was created. So, if you compile from ports or download the appropriate package, you can get m120.

Every 4 to 5 weeks, a snapshot is released to the more or less to general public. Such a snapshot is just an internal build which by the time it's released is some two weeks old and has probably been checked to fulfill some basic stability and usability criteria (I don't know the exact rules for when a snapshot is made). The current released snapshot is m118.

So, on FreeBSD you can actually leap ahead of the current released snapshot and see what has changed since then. Obviously, newer builds should have all the features of previous ones, so m120 should give you the KDE integration present in m120.

- Bartosz