openoffice-1.1-devel fails after recent upgrade

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Wed Oct 13 19:16:43 PDT 2004

Hi everybody!

The openoffice-1.1-devel port has been failing to install for me ever
since the recent update to 1.1.4-20041012. It compiles like a charm and
also installs most of the way, but then, in post-install, it says:

  ===>  Add wrapper scripts
find: OpenOffice.org1.1.4: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-1.1-devel.

The error seems to be the following. While the port is declared as a
prerelease of 1.1.4, it thinks of itself as 1.1.3. It actually installs
into /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1.3. This is why line 303 of the
Makefile fails. This line reads:

@cd ${PREFIX} ; ${FIND} -s ${INSTALLATION_BASEDIR} -type f >> ${TMPPLIST}

Here, INSTALLATION_BASEDIR is set to "OpenOffice.org1.1.4", while the
port has, in fact, been installed to "OpenOffice.org1.1.3". Find fails
miserably, of course, and the installation is aborted.

One simple fix would be to revert the port's version to 1.1.3 and to
bump PORTEPOCH. A more complex one would probably be to force the port
to install to /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1.4. Could someone who knows
the port better than me have a look at whether this is fixable?

- Bartosz