ports/73539: Compiler errors during configuration part of port make.

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Nov 5 10:20:34 PST 2004

The following reply was made to PR ports/73539; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Kevin Oberman" <oberman at es.net>
To: Clive Lin <clive at tongi.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/73539: Compiler errors during configuration part of port make.
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:11:02 -0800

 > Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:45:34 +0800
 > From: Clive Lin <clive at tongi.org>
 >
 > On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 09:29:09AM -0800, Kevin at es.net wrote:
 > > >Number:         73539
 > > >Category:       ports
 > > >Synopsis:       Compiler errors during configuration part of port make.
 > > configure:3837: gcc32 -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
 > > In file included from conftest.c:45:
 > > /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-portbld-freebsd5.2/3.2.3/include/sys/types.h:251: syntax error before "udev_t"
 >
 >     Do you have a gcc32 previously installed? Try to deinstall it and
 > restart the OOo build.

 Thank you. I don't understand why it helped, but I re-installed
 gcc-3.2.3 and it configures correctly. I won't know about all of
 openoffice for a few hours, of course.

 Can you see any reason for this rather odd behavior of the compiler?

 Thanks again!
 --
 R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
 Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)