1.1.2 issues (hyphenation, right-to-left and print to file)

NAKATA Maho chat95 at mac.com
Fri Aug 13 22:28:19 PDT 2004

In Message-ID: <411D2A9D.1020902 at tvnetwork.hu>
László Károly <laszlokaroly at tvnetwork.hu> wrote:

> 1. In certain cases hyphen of paragraphs differs between systems. I made
> a snapshot of a text ordered into tree columns showing the differences:
> web.tvnetwork.hu/laszlokaroly/OOoIssues/hyphenation.png

okay however, left hand side picture is correct, is it?
middle, right ones are wrong. right one is made by GNU/Linux?
middle and right ones are openoffice-1.1.2?
my statment is correct?

> 2. Right-to-left rendering of Arabic formerly have been mentioned by
> Georg Wagner. I have the same problem: chars are in heap, however in
> certain font height it is correct. I made a pdf file from a test
> document showing the problem. Letters in black show the correct
> rendering, note that in some cases lines were correct in OOo, but in the
> pdf they went bad. The test doc is:
> web.tvnetwork.hu/laszlokaroly/OOoIssues/arabic.pdf

thanks.

> 3. In some cases I cannot generate a ps output with "print to file", OOo
> crashes with the message 'an unrecoverable error occurred...'
> I uploaded a small .sxw regarding this issue:
> web.tvnetwork.hu/laszlokaroly/A_Szuudzsi_felirat.sxw

Do you have a stack trace? I always encounter several crashes :)

> Are these problems known or are there any solution?

Thank you very much for your summary. Hope I'll fix this in
openoffice-1.1-devel.
--nakata maho