OpenOffice requires libc_r?

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Fri Apr 2 13:33:08 PST 2004

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 10:27:59PM +0900, Nakata Maho wrote:
> In Message-ID: <20040330181551.GB25571 at troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
> Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
>
> > No, we have the same system compiler, and I re-installed my world on
> > Saturday.
>
> then, would you please make OOo gcc-3.3 from ports?
> this is wired gcc-3.3(system's) bug and I cannot find a workaround
> for it.
> --nakata maho

Nakata Maho,

I finished building OOo with the system compiler and libpthread
a day ago.  It installs and works for my *very* limited tests.
I'll also note that I use very, very, few MS-Office features
because I find MS Office to be too cumbersome for normal use.
I mainly use OOo to read/edit documents from others.

--
Steve