Installation on FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE

Andy andy at richardflanagan.com.au
Thu Nov 6 17:33:43 PST 2003

Hi all

I had Open Office 1.1RC4 running nicely on 4.8, and did a newbie thing
and had to reinstall the whole OS. After reinstallation I updated to
4.9-STABLE, and tried to install from the ports, didn't work, I had
backed up the .tgz file I had downloaded before my systems failure, and
tried to reinstall that. Unfortunately I lost all of my email (GTK+ died
first killing evolution) and I have lost the install instruction Martin
was kind enough to provide me with. This time I must have made a
horrendous mistake, as everytime I try to use Open Office I get the
following error

The Following Internal Error has occoured: Get Storage Name:
'file ///usr/home/andy/OpenOffice.org1.1.10/usr/config/soffice.cfg' an
error
occoured during file opening

Not sure what other information to attach. Tried installaion from all l
command line options, and have even used the GUI install shortcut. Using
the repair function on reinstallaton has not worked either.

All help appreciated

Regards
Andrew Kozak