[call for help] libreoffice 6.2 update

Greg Veldman greg at gregv.net
Mon Feb 18 14:42:30 UTC 2019

On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 11:12:25AM +0800, Li-Wen Hsu wrote:
> Again, LibreOffice 6.2 will be announced soon.  I squeezed few hours
> to get most the patches updated
> ( patch-bridges_source_cpp__uno_gcc3__linux__intel_share.hxx
>  and patch-bridges_source_cpp__uno_gcc3__linux__intel_uno2cpp.cxx
> still need more work)
> in my working repository: https://github.com/lwhsu/freebsd-ports-libreoffice

I took a look at this, and now have all patches applying cleanly.
However it appears some of these patches (or parts thereof) may
actually no longer be needed, as upstream changed the arguments
to some of the functions.  I'm trying to read/understand the
back story on some of these patches from the various commit logs
to be sure if it's safe to change them..

> There are also some updates to the dependencies: I added
> textproc/libnumbertext, while for devel/liborcus and devel/mdds need
> to use the versions in the WIP repository or they will break current
> libreoffice in the ports tree.

Yep, found that out.  I'm working to pull all of these in as well.

> LibreOffice 6.2 port still needs some (uncertain amount of) work to
> get it build but I am afraid that I cannot spend too much time on it
> in the following days.

While I'm at it, I'm also going to try and bump the port version
to 6.2.1.1, which was released just last week.

When I get a clean build, I'll push my changes back into your
GitHub repo.  If anyone's interested in seeing them sooner or
helping, let me know and I'll push to a new branch.  What I
have is still very much a WIP...

--
Greg Veldman
greg at gregv.net