comms/gnuradio will not build with current devel/boost-libs

Diane Bruce db at db.net
Sat Mar 1 14:36:52 UTC 2014


On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 11:47:05AM +0100, Olaf Mersmann wrote:
> Dear Diane and FreeBSD Office Team,
> 
> first of all let me thank you for your work on the FreeBSD ports
> collection.
> 
> I tried to install GNUradio and hit the following problem during 'make build'.

Ok 3.7.2 just hit the tree. Sorry, it is a huge port and I have been
very busy plus sick.  It should compile and work.


> 
>   *snip*
>   -- Boost version: 1.52.0
>   -- Found the following Boost libraries:
>   --   filesystem
>   --   system
>   --   unit_test_framework
>   -- WARNING: Found a known bad version of Boost (v105200). Disabling.
>   CMake Error at volk/CMakeLists.txt:79 (message):
>     VOLK Requires boost to build
>   *snip*
> 
> A quick internet search turned up the cmake define ENABLE_BAD_BOOST
> which was added by the GNUradio developers for situations where
> distributions ship "known bad" versions of boost (1.52 in this
> case). Explicitly setting it in the ports Makefile lets me build and
> install GNUradio, altough I have yet to test it.
> 
> Would it be possible to add this flag by default? I assume that
> updating boost to version 1.53 is not an easy task given the number of
> ports that (indirectly) depend on boost.
> 
> Cheers,
> Olaf Mersmann
> 
> P.S: I explicitly turned off building the documentation for GNUradio
> because it explicitly requires teTeX. I run TeXlive on this system,
> maby the port could depend on whichever TeX is selected via
> TEX_DEFAULT from /etc/make.conf.

-- 
- db at FreeBSD.org db at db.net http://www.db.net/~db


More information about the freebsd-office mailing list