Libreoffice printing on Freebsd via LPD spooling

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Jan 15 05:41:12 UTC 2014


El día Monday, January 13, 2014 a las 10:32:15PM +0200, Juris Kaminskis escribió:

> > truss was what I was using.  Ultimately, it would be best to fix LO so
> > that spadmin and printing can be used without CUPS.
> 
> 
> I tried also truss and I understood from it that CUPS is the faulty one.
> For interest I attach the log file from truss and spadmin. Is it definetly
> that rebuilding libreoffice without CUPS would not help? I used package
> when installed libreoffice... and how to report this thing and to whom?

Your libreoffice is looking for CUPS:

$ egrep 'cups|631' error.message

open("/usr/local/etc/cups/client.conf",O_RDONLY,00) ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
connect(15,{ AF_INET 127.0.0.1:631 },16)         ERR#61 'Connection refused'
open("/root/.cups/client.conf",O_RDONLY,00)      ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
open("/usr/local/etc/cups/client.conf",O_RDONLY,00) ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
connect(15,{ AF_INET 127.0.0.1:631 },16)         ERR#61 'Connection refused'
open("/root/.cups/client.conf",O_RDONLY,00)      ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
open("/usr/local/etc/cups/client.conf",O_RDONLY,00) ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
connect(15,{ AF_INET 127.0.0.1:631 },16)         ERR#61 'Connection refused'

You should try to build one from the ports w/o CUPS.

	matthias
-- 
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: www.asciiribbon.org
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  \ / - No HTML/RTF in E-mail
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |   X  - No proprietary attachments
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  / \ - Respect for open standards


More information about the freebsd-office mailing list